2) Tray 2
3) Left Side Cover
- Front door open.
- Pry at front lip and at centre of top lip to free the cover.
- NOTE: The small claw at the centre of the top lip is liable to break. No real harm is done by that.
4) Right Side Cover
- Open the upper back door (green handle).
- Pry at top and bottom of rear lip.
- Pry at top lip near 'Ready' indicator.
5) Rear Cover
- Five M3x8mm washerhead screws.
6) 'In-The-Way' Cabling
- The cabling that runs across the back of the media feed guide has nothing to do with the fuser's connections, but it must be freed and moved aside.
- Five cable connections. 'Best to disconnect them in sequence from your right to your left. Reconnect them in the reverse sequence.
7) Media Feed Guide
- One M3x6mm black washerhead screw at centre.
- Slide the item to your right to free it.
- NOTE how the item hooks a two-conductor blue cable.
8) Fuser Cabling
- NOTE the unused connectors in the area. They can be a bit confusing at reconnection time.
- One red/blue/green fuser exit sensor cable.
- One two-conductor blue thermistor cable.
- One white wire at the extreme left.
- One two-conductor power connector at the extreme right. (Press its latch tab forward.)
9) Three Gears
- At the right side, there are three gears accessible for removal.
- Frontmost, largest gear -- one claw.
- Upper, smallest gear -- one claw.
- Rearmost gear with 'handle' -- one claw. You may have to nudge the gear CW a bit to get it out. NOTE that there's a timing relationship associated with this gear. The flange on its inboard end is notched to preclude getting it back in place out-of-time with the sector gear below it. A protrusion on the top of the gear aligns with a notch in the gear above it. Here's a view of the three gears.
- Two M3x8mm washerhead screws.
- NOTE that the two lower screw holes are for the rear cover.
- Slide the fuser out the back.
- - -
Operation Without the Rear Cover
There's a small, white lever at the left side rear of the fuser. That lever must be held down for the printer to operate without the rear cover in place; a jam indication results otherwise.
# # #
# # #