The P3005's fuser is pretty easy to deal with. Proceed as follows:
2) Tray 2
3) Rear Door Fully Open
- Tug it open forcefully and it will open all the way.
4) Rear Cover w/Door
- Two M4x10mm pan head threading screws.
- A claw at either side of the Tray 2 cavity. Raise the small door across the rear of the tray cavity to see them.
5) Mains Receptacle Bezel
6) Duplexer Input Guide (The black plastic 'ramp' at the rear.)
- Two claws -- they have ‘handles’ extending rearward.
- Push up on the claw handles and pull the guide toward you.
7) Fuser Power Cable
- Disconnect it and free it from its restraint.
8) Exit Sensor Cable (Violet)
9) Thermistor Cable (Yellow and white.)
- Free the cable from its white restraint. The restraint can be unlatched with a fingernail or a small screwdriver.
- Three prominent M4x10mm pan head threading screws.
- One M3x6mm pan head screw w/captive star washer. It’s in a recess at the fuser’s lower right.
- Tug on the fuser's cables to dislodge it.
# # #
# # #